Our team members are amazingly skilled and hard-working. Our advisors
are often the world's experts in the technologies we are using.
The team is made up of programmers, artists, financial wizards,
and creators of all types.
Active team members
These are the people who are currently most active in building the site.
Many other great people have helped in the past.
Cash, GEO - Geek Executive Officer, President
- Julian is a programmer,
a project manager, and
a business analyst. He is also a professional photographer and illustrator.
Julian has taken photographs at technical conventions such as OSCON 09, foocamp, OSCON
6, OSCON 5, MySQL 2009, MySQL 2008, MySQL, and Apache
Con. His books of technical communities are
available. He comes from a family of artists (mother, father, sister, brother,
and wife) and a community of artists.
- Jos Boumans
- Jos is a long time Perl developer, “testing bigot” and QA zealot. He’s responsible for several dozen CPAN modules, including CPANPLUS and Archive::Tar and contributed roughly 2% of the code in the current Perl core.
- John B. Lowe
- John is a world class search expert. He was a Senior Engineer and VP of Language Engineering at Ask Jeeves. He was Manager of Knowledge Resources at Powerset (which sold for 100 million to Microsoft). He has been working with Linguistics and Search since the 70's.
- David Llopis
- Davel has the virtual machines, the intranet, DNS, email, bug tracking,
SSL, (and anything else we need) documented beautifully and purring
like kittens. Davel is also a strategist, a database designer, an API
builder, and a programmer.
- Randal Alan Smith
- Randal works miracles with CSS. He makes browser cross compatibility
look easy. He is also a detail oriented graphic designer, UI designer
and strategist. Check out Randal's beautiful portrait photography.
- Jackie Cash
- Jackie is an editor, writer, and illustrator. Whether it's user testing,
researching the markets, resourcing provisions, wielding her writing
skills, analyzing contracts, or doodling, Jackie's wonderful influence
continues to help the project to thrive.
- Devin is a Perl programmer and is remarkably great at figuring out
whatever needs to be done.
- Adam Waters
Adam is currently transitioning from being full time, to being an advisor. This is needed given a recent amazing change in his life.
Adam is a financial and business genius, as well as a technical whiz.
Building amazing businesses is his passion. He thrives on creativity
Adam served as VP of Engineering for iAsiaWorks (NASDAQ:
IAWK). Adam served on the Technical Advisory Committee to the CalREN2
Internet2 network, as Chief Network Engineer for GeoNet Communications
(acquired by Level3), as CEO of
Vedacore, an ICANN accredited registrar (acquired by Enom),
in network operations for InterNex Information Systems (acquired by
NTT), and as a technical consultant for Newbridge
Capital, iVillage, the San
Francisco Chronicle, and others.
- Joe Erickson
- Joe is a multitalented web developer. He is quite skilled at using
- Ivan Cash
- Ivan is an art director and web designer. He has a knack for figuring out what's good
and bad about any site. Ivan has worked on the user interface, graphic design, strategizing, and research.
- Eso is a perfectionist. If things are out of place, changes
must be made. She is the lead QA tester. She also does web design
and various Photoshop work.
- Sheeri K. Cabral
- Sheeri, author of MySQL
Administrator's Bible, helps perfect the database design, and
keeps the database running beautifully. She has repeatedly won the MySQL
Community Advocate of the Year Award. She is running MySQL
- Ben Random
- Ben can make Java fly. He is also great at brainstorming and he rides
his bike at remarkable speeds.
These are just some of the many advisers helping to guide the project.
- Brian has worked on various Apache
modules, helped create Slashdot, and numerous
storage engines for the MySQL
database. Brian is the Director of Architecture at MySQL
AB. He is currently working on Drizzle and Gearman.
- Jeremy Bornstein
- Jeremy is a Collaborative Filtering expert who helped Apple to attain several pattents. A visionary technologist and high-performance systems architect. Serial entrepreneur with a focus on areas where new developments make novel businesses feasible. Proven builder and leader of highly effective teams. Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, and inspire technical staff. Builder of engineering organizations which collaborate effectively with the entire business.
- Artur Bergman
- Artur Bergman, is the director of engineering at Wikia where he provides the technical backbone necessary for Wikia’s mission to compile and index the world’s knowledge. He a board member of the OpenID Foundation. In past lives, he’s built high volume financial trading systems, re-implemented Perl 5’s threading system, wrote djabberd, managed LiveJournal’s engineering team, and served as operations architect at Six Apart. His current interests extend to encompass semantic search, large scale infrastructure, open source development, and federated instant messaging.
- Erik is the author of Lucene
in Action. He is very active in the library and Open Source communities.
He contributes to numerous Open Source projects, frequently writing
articles, and speaking at industry events. Erik is one of the founders of Lucid Imagination.
- Grant Ingersoll
- Grant is a committer on the Lucene Java project and a member of the Lucene PMC. Grant has used Lucene and Solr for implementing many different search and text-based application, including cross-language information retrieval (CLIR) systems, commercial question answering (QA), sentiment analysis, and collection analysis. Grant is one of the founders of Lucid Imagination.
- brian is the publisher and editor of The
Perl Review. He is co-author of several books on Perl including Learning
Perl and Intermediate
Perl. He is also the founder of Perl
- Zak is an evangelist, strategist, author, and speaker who is active in Free
Software and Open Source communities. He is the author of MySQL
Phrasebook and PHP
Functions Essential Reference.
- Joshua Weinberg
- Joshua is the president of The Digital Life Consulting Group. Since 1989 Josh Weinberg has helped companies introduce successful technology products to the consumer marketplace, drawing on his extensive professional launch, product advising and public relations experience as well as his deep technical knowledge.
- Mark Atwood
- Mark Atwood is a Senior Technology Advisor for Network.com for Sun Microsystems. He contributes to the Drizzle high performance web and cloud scale database project. He is the author of a storage engine for Amazon AWS. He is a coauthor of the OAuth Core specification, and is a contributor to technologies such as OpenID, Microformats, OTP, and SNMP.
- David Davis
- Brian is a technologist, programmer, and an important figure in the
Open Source software movement. He was a primary developer of the Apache
Web server, and a founding member of the Apache
Software Foundation. Behlendorf is currently a Director of CollabNet.
Also see the people who have invested
in the project.